Gray Paint Colors With Wood Trim
Gray Paint Colors with Wood Trim: Next week I am taking time off for Easter, family and projects around the house. One of the projects is painting the dining room. I am trying to decide on just the right color. Often times this is the hardest thing to do. We have wood trim and so many of the colors I love don’t seem to look right.
For the rest of this week, I will without a doubt be going back and forth to the paint store getting samples. Husband thinks we should start with neutral gray paint colors. To satisfy his curiosity if gray is a possibility, I set out on a quest looking for gray paint colors with wood trim photos for inspiration.
Surprisingly, the ever-popular gray in the right tone does look good with wood trim. I found inspiration on Houzz to show you how beautiful gray paint colors with wood trim looks.
1. Gray Paint Colors with Wood Trim is Sherwin Williams, Unusual Gray.
2. Benjamin Moore Hampshire Gray and part of their Historical Collection. I went to my local Benjamin Moore dealer today with a list of colors in hand. I couldn’t find this one, but may go back to search again.
3. Benjamin Moore Imperial Gray was another color I didn’t find today.
4. Here is Sherwin Williams Backdrop. The wood trim color is Sherwin Williams Mountain Ash. A trip to a Sherwin Williams store is on my to-do list.
5. I did find Benjamin Moore Misted Green. Holding up the color card next to our wood looks great. I can’t wait to try the color sample on our walls and look at it in different light throughout the day. Like its name, it has a slight tint of green.
The two above photos have unknown colors. Gray is not the color I was originally thinking of to paint our dining room. I know sea greens and yellows look good with wood trim and neutrals, browns, and tan. I would dedicate myself to painting all our trim white, but want to keep my husband.
This is Dry Sage by Benjamin Moore.
I am keeping my options open and picked up one of Benjamin Moore’s most popular colors, Palladian Blue, seen bottom row middle. My head is getting turned by Heavenly Blue seen first on the bottom row and Sage Tint seen last on the bottom row, suggested by House Beautiful as Designer Grays. It’s back to the store tomorrow if the colors I picked up today don’t work out.
I made a Secret Pinterest Board and have saved inspirational ideas for paint colors as I find them, which keeps everything in one place of reference. I also have many Idea Boards on Houzz one my favorite go to sites for inspiration and information.
One way I found matches for gray paint colors with wood trim was by using the Sherwin Williams Chip It Tool. Just install the app in your browser and when you find a photo with a color you like, the tool will match the color to any Sherwin Williams paint color.
Some of the other recommended gray paint colors with wood trim are Behr Light French Gray, Benjamin Moore Marina Gray and Thunder.
What’s is your favorite go-to paint color?
See my Palladian Blue dining room project starting here: Dining Room Project
and still continuing on here: How to Make a Recessed Wainscoting Wall from Scratch
See my Celebrities page Celebrity houses and